HOW TO SIGN UP FOR A DROPBOX ACCOUNT – JUST 3 STEPS.
Rotarians not adding new documents will not need to download the Dropbox software on to your computer. All you will need to do is sign up for a Dropbox account by going here www.dropbox.com and filling in the form for “Create an account”.
Then click on the link which will take you to our Dropbox website. The link is shown on the members website. (see WordPress instructions for how to log on to the members website).)
Please save the page (that the above link takes you to) in your favourites/bookmarks. You will then be able to easily access the Rotary files whenever you like.
Please KEEEP THE LINK TO YOURSELF. Sharing it with someone outside Rotary will give them access to our files – some of which are confidential.
SUGGESTED GROUNDRULES AND TIPS FOR USING DROPBOX
- If there are two files with the same name please open the PDF version.
- After opening a file please leave it intact and unchanged when you close it.
- Save files as PDF since generally people will not be able to inadvertently change them.
- Please leave the folder structure as it is and ALWAYS save new files within a sub-folder that the webmaster has created (not in the top level Dropbox folder). If you need a new folder please ask the webmaster.
Setting up Dropbox on your computer
This is a great video for those with a modicum of computer knowledge. It explains how to use the Dropbox app on all your computer devices.
How to operate Dropbox on the web.
This is a slightly laborious video but does explain clearly how to use Dropbox on the website. Please note three things
- Please only view files in our dropbox (no deletions please)
- Please DO NOT share any file links even with Rotarians outside our club. They might get access to all our files and some of them our confidential.
- Please do not add any files – send them to the webmaster to be added